Thursday, September 4, 2008

here today

Yesterday evening a close friend and I spoke about a great many things, and he said something to me that stood out. It was a message that a very wise man had given to him about life.

It doesn't matter where you are, or what you do, but rather who you are amidst it that is what is important.

A very simple thing. But yet there is a great bit of significance in it in that regardless of the circumstances and places I may find myself the only importance is how I react to the situation and interact with it. This wise man went into a bit more detail and probably had a more inspirational tone and overall message but the same message rang true to me where I am today. I have found that if I am more motivated in living my life to the best of my abilities, not by serving myself and trying to do everything I think is best, but rather by living a life that is following after the model that I have found through my faith. I think this has been something I've seen develop in my desires over the last few years, but yet some days I understand it and see it more in my life better than others.

No comments: