Monday, August 11, 2008

Rain

Recently here in Colorado there has been a lot of rain. Rain to the extent that mass flooding has occurred in various places. this has been something I've viewed as both a positive and a negative thing in multiple ways, the most disappointing of which was the decision that camping in a flash flood is just not going to work and so Buckley and I returned home...Another less than ideal situation regarding the flooding has been at my place of employment. I'm currently working for a construction company which has placed me to work at a ground up retirement community. The project began in March and has since developed very quickly, but currently it's a dirt lot with paved streets. Back to the rain, dirt + rain is not a good combination in this instance. Consequentially, mud everywhere; which has left it's complications. But yet other things the rain has hit has actually made improvements. Say my truck, which I'm not sure when the last time I washed it was, it is now relatively clean, at least on the out side. However, I will add that I did clean out a large majority of the mess Sunday morning. None the less, it's interesting to to me to see how the rain erodes away and washes clean much of what exists when given the right conditions.

There's a lot of rain right now.

No comments: