So recently I was eating lunch with my grandparents, as I have been doing more frequently now that my place of employment is only a few minutes from their house. And during this weeks visit my grandmother mentions how the corn we were eating was "organic" and grown locally, therefore it was more expensive that the other products despite the fact that it was the only type of corn available for purchase when she went to King Soopers this week. My grandfathers response.
"I'm not sure I understand why the supermarket calls some food organic. In fact I'm not sure I understand what they mean by 'organic food'. As I recall the study things organic is the study of carbon. So what significance is it to call food organic and sell it for more? This is just silly."
Good point Poppy. This is silly.
On a side note related to organic food, I read a report yesterday that conclusively determined that "organic" food is no better or worse for you than regular food. Interesting. So really I could have saves $.50 on the organic bananas I bought on Monday. Stink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment